Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My BMWMOA Mileage Contest Results for 2008 (unofficial)

Well, I guess I slacked off a lot during this year's BMWMOA annual mileage contest. I guess you could say the accident I had in June was a contributing factor but I know for a fact that I did not ride as much as I did in 2007 during the contest period.

During the 2007 contest, I finished 11th of 79 riders in Colorado that sent in completion forms to the BMWMOA; with a mileage total of 15, 181 racked up during the six months of the contest. LINK

This year, I managed only 8,211 miles on Maria for the same period of time.

I was not able to add the miles I racked up on Brigitta, my 1987 R80 since I bought her a few months into the contest and of course had missed registering her as one of my motorcycles. If I could use those miles, it would add another 4,481 miles to my mileage total. Total between both motorcycles: 12,692.

So yeah, not too bad, just not usable though for this year's contest. I only entered Maria and you already saw the miles I managed on her.

Oh well, there's always the BBIR I just signed up for....

1 comment:

irondad said...

Riding doesn't have to be "official" to count, you know?